Sunday, August 5, 2007

survey-ness

i have lots of really, really, REALLY serious stuff in my head right now, but first - this. I couldn't resist. From Ailene:
================
UP ako. Ikaw?

1. ANO’NG STUDENT NUMBER MO?
96-44526
2. ANO ANG FIRST CHOICE MO NA COURSE?
Believe it or not, Mass Comm in UP Cebu. I know, I know. Ask me about it and I'll tell you the whole painful story. Just not here.
3. SECOND CHOICE?
Mass Comm in UP Diliman.
4. ANO COURSE MO NA NATAPOS?
BA Journalism. Diliman.
5. NAG-SHIFT KA BA?
Would have loved UP Baguio. But never did.
6. CHINITO/CHINITA KA BA?
What the heck?!? What does this have to do with my being Isko?
7. NAKAPAG-DORM KA BA?
Never had the urge of getting into one. I didn't envy dorm people. I guess I was a homebody.
8. NAKA 4 KA BA?
Yes. Not totally my fault. My thesis partner disappeared from the face of the earth.
9. NAG-KA 3 KA NA BA?
Nope. Lowest was a 2.75. hehehe.
10. LAGI KA BANG PUMAPASOK SA KLASE?
1st and 2nd year. Nung 3rd year, nalulong sa ministry, hehehe. Started cutting the "non-essential" classes.
11. MAY SCHOLARSHIP KA BA??
Yes. STFAP and UP Presidential Scholarship. I was a rich kid during 2nd year. I screwed up the last one over a girl (got my grades all messed up. Don't ask me who.)
12. ILANG UNITS NA ANG NAIPASA MO?
Errr... di ba dapat, lahat, eventually, kung nag-graduate ka?
13. NANGARAP KA BA NA MAG-CUM LAUDE?
It was a possibility, pero di ko na inisip pagkatapos ng 1st year.
14. FAVE PROF
Nyak, 'di lang kasi isa eh. Edwin Varona -- for the gentle errr, foreplay into comm theory, Anne Suzara-Gaillard -- hottest (not just brains, looks to go with it too) Film 100 prof ever, Malou Mangahas (if you don't know her, you wouldn't get it), Dean Luis Teodoro (if anybody can get away with cynicism...), and Chito Avecilla -- for being himself.
15. WORST TEACHER
Like the above, madami din 'to. Ayoko na nga lang alalahanin.
16. FAVE SUBJECT/S:
Comm 140 (intro to comm theory), Comm 141 (comm theory), Comm 190 (eto ba yung law and mass comm?), Comm 191 (comm theory and society), Workshop2 for Short Stories, Workshop2 for Essay.
17. WORST SUBJECT:
Comm Res 101 - I don't know why we HAD to take that darned subject.
18. FAVE BUILDING:
Actually, College of Music. Kapitbahay lang ng Mass Comm.
19. PABORITONG KAINAN:
Unlike Ailene, we at Diliman had more down-to-earth choices. Lutong Bahay, over near the post office, the unbeatable pork bbq at the Beach House near the Main Lib, Persian food near the CRL, isawan near Persian Food, Mang Jimmy's -- rice all you can in Balara, and of course, Thai Canteen -- near the Islamic Center. And there are those "Aristo-cart" things, good food all around.
20. MAGKANO BA ANG BINABAYAD MO SA JEEP?
In my time, UP ikot was like, 4.50 or something.
21. LAGI KA BA SA LIBRARY?
Only when I had to be, and when accompanying girls. hehehe.
22. NAGPUPUNTA KA BA SA CLINIC?
Sa UP Health somethingorother, yeah, a number of times. Once, to apply for my LOA-causing lung ailment, my initial heal check-up, of course, and then that time when I tried to do a swan dive in my swimming class and hit my head on the bottom of the pool.
23. MAY CRUSH KA BA SA CAMPUS?
Yes, everyone should have one while in college.
24. ANU-ANO ANG MGA NAGING P.E. MO?
Ok, just to be clear, I THOUGHT, wrongly, that you HAD TO take PE1. So I took that. They only told me that you didn't have to AFTER the sem (darnyoublockmates!!!). Anyways, I took badminton after that, in which I totally rocked, and then bowling (I rock again), and then swimming (co-ed, so with all the cute chicks).
25. KAMUSTA NAMAN ANG BLOCK NYO?
My block wasn't bad at all. It wasn't great in that we ended up being lifelong friends, but there were some great moments in there.
26. MEMORIZE MO BA ANG HYMN NIYO?
As with Ailene, I actually can sing both the Tagalog and English version. We also studied TTBB for male choir in ROTC choir (yes, yes, I didn't do ROTC. I went and sang in the ROTC choir instead. Hehe).
27. MEMBER KA BA NG VARSITY TEAM?
Almost tried out for the Varsity Soccer Team, if not for that lung ailment.
28. NAKA-PERFECT KA NA BA NG EXAM?
Lots. (Tanong mo kung naka-uno din ako ng paper, daliiii.)
29. DITO KA BA NATUTONG UMINOM NG BEER?
Never akong natuto uminom ng beer.
30. DITO KA BA UNANG NAINLOVE?
No. Highschool. hehe.
=======================


Tag: Kaligay, Moks, Leah, and whoever from UP who wants to answer this

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, long comments, too. Hahaha:

#1: 96! 96! Waaahh! E nung mga panahong 'yan, nagloloko pa ko sa Pugad Ng Kajologan sa QC!

#9: Yabang. 2.75!

#19: Dude, we didn't really have a choice, did we? It's not as if Ermita was overflowing with low-cost choices. Okay, so maybe they DID have low-cost choices, but when I ate at that carinderia somewhere along Pedro Gil, I ended up with amoebiasis. Thanks, but no thanks. Magsi-siomai na lang ako sa Dimsum & Dumplings. They're easier to sue.

#20: 4.50! Grabe! Naging 4.50 lang ang pamasahe?!

#26: ROTC Choir? There was such a thing?

Jaclyn said...

Shucks, brings back memories.... I miss UP!!! Crush ko (pa rin) sina Avecilla and Teodoro! Pati na rin si Malou Mangahas!!! You know what I mean... :)p

wandering storyteller said...

Di ko naging teacher si Malou Mangahas but i know what you mean. Nginingitian nya ko pag nakakasalubong ko dito. yeehee.

leah said...

Siyempre we all love Malou Mangahas, especially since she mentioned our names (I remember jac's and mine) in her speech nung college grad. hehehe. =p

and of course, Dean Luis Teodoro. Hay, TJK. (ok, maybe only a handful of former K1'96 blockmates would understand the "TJK" part.)

Anonymous said...

jac,
yes, i understand what you mean.

leah,
TJK, hmmm, plate number yan if I remember. hehehe.

Jaclyn said...

Uy, di ko ata alam yung TJK a...p

idagurl said...

11. I know the girl!!! Ask me! Ask me! Haha

20. Hello, 1.25 kaya ang ikot nung freshman tayo???

leah said...

john, wow men, bilib na ko sa memory mo. you got TJK right. =p

jacluts, alam mo yung TJK before. nalimutan mo lang siguro. it was a joke kit and i pulled on melissa borja to test kung gano siya ka-gullible. she exceeded our expectations. =D

ida, game, papatulan kita! who's the girl?

the addict said...

ida/leah,

magsi tigil kayo ha. i-respeto nyo naman ang nakaraan ko. nakaraan na nga eh. wag nang istorbohin.

hehehehe.

seryoso, magsitigil kayo ha?


leah/jac,

yeah, i remember you both joking around with that TJK thing.