Thursday, November 8, 2007

the best. abso-freaking-lutely.

--this post has nothing to do with my emotional, spiritual, or mental state right now. this is purely physical.

ok. you're in the city. you're stomach is looking for something that not only would fill it up, but would appeal to your taste buds as well. if your looking for a hunger-buster, look no further.

[DISCLAIMER: The company who makes these did not, in cash or in kind, pay me for this here blog exposure they have. In fact, I really prefer Jollibee over McDonald's any other day. This is the exception.]


The Double Cheeseburger. (ta-dah!)









If you're talking about filling your stomach brute force with a "no frills" kinda burger that at least tastes decent, the McDonald's Double Cheeseburger is by far, in my opinion (agree with me, Leah), the best option for you.

Heck, "tastes decent"? It tastes freaking good. Whoever thought up this product should be given some sort of award for the sheer audacity of the idea -- two cholesterol-ridden, chunky-juicy-oily all-beef (or at least they claim so) patties, on a regular McDonald's burger bun, and with two slices of cheese to boot -- else it wouldn't be a cheeseburger, eh?

And the simplicity is just as inviting. I mean, I choose to eat this without the onions and the pickles -- just the patties, the cheese, the ketchup and the bun. I mean you can eat it as is, but imagine -- no lettuce, no tomatoes, not even sesame seeds on the bun. Just plain beefy-juicy-cheesy goodness. And have you noticed how absolutely perfect this goes with the salty-soggy fries and a large glass of Coke? Yeah, you have. Hungry yet?

I mean, I've never been like an "I-go-crazy" fan of McDonald's. I'm your regular Jollibee kinda guy. But there are some products that this US franchise has gotten absolutely perfect (just like the way how Chickenjoy is purrrrfect). I know, I know, you may disagree on the Chickenjoy, but bear with me. McDonald's hit the nail right on the head for me with a number of things -- McNuggets, Twister Fries, and of course, the aforementioned burger.

For a special burger day or meal, my first choice would be Jollibee's Amazing Aloha (always my choice on special occasions if asked). Then there are those expensive Wendy's burgers. But on a regular day, you just can't beat the way a Double Cheeseburger brute forces it's way down to your tummy.

Ideally, I'd have that seasonal Twister Fries with it, but well, you can''t have everything.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nagutom naman ako sa entry na 'to.you owe me one.hehe.
- melai -

leah said...

oh yeah.